October 12, 2019
How We Met: Tucker and I (Cameron) met at Auburn (War Eagle) at a date party while we were both with different dates. When I first saw him, I thought he was so cute and wanted him to be my date. After that night, we didn’t talk until he called me one random Saturday almost nine months later and asked if I wanted to go to Fiji Island with him. The rest is history!
The Proposal: We went ring shopping and since then I had been grilling him with questions. He told me to wait for April and all my questions would be answered. On a beach trip with my family the last week in March, and little did I know that Tucker was planning on proposing there. The last morning we went for a walk to my grandparents’ beach house on a little lake overlooking the beach and down on the pier. I walked over to him and told him how thankful I was for him and this relaxing time we had together. He then turned to me and began to propose. I was so surprised and don’t remember anything he said besides, “Will you marry me?”
Favorite Details: We are both so blessed with wonderful families who have brought us up in the Christian faith, and it was important to both of us to have that evident during our ceremony. The musicians played traditional hymns “Amazing Grace” and “Holy, Holy, Holy,” and my younger cousin sang “My Jesus I Love Thee.” My sister and another cousin sang “Wonderful, Merciful, Savior,” which was just beautiful. I had the privilege of wearing my precious grandmother’s diamond necklace on the wedding day. She passed away earlier this year, and it was the perfect way to have her close to my heart on such a special day.
- Ceremony Venue: First Baptist Church of Birmingham
- Reception Venue: Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Planner: Bride & Her Mom, with help from Engaged Wedding Library
- Florist: Susan Milner Design
- Caterer: Vestavia Country Club
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Invitations: Carlson Craft
- Wedding Dress: Bella’s Bridal & Formal
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Holly Craft
- Music: Just a Few Cats Band
- Bridal Bouquet & Groom Boutonniere Ribbon: Cocoon Silk Ribbon