May 16, 2020
Photos by Eric & Jamie Photography
How We Met: Meg and Austin met at UAB where Meg is a nurse in the TBICU unit. Austin’s grandfather was a patient on her floor, and Austin’s mother insisted that when he came for a visit, he needed to meet the nurse who had been caring for his grandfather. Austin was immediately smitten and asked her for a dinner date.
Favorite Moments: Meg was happily on her way to planning the wedding of her dreams, when COVID-19 completely upended the plans. Finally, just three weeks before the date, Aunt Sue Anne came to the rescue. She is the owner of the family property in Blount Springs, Alabama, that once belonged to Meg’s great-grandparents, Julia and Jack Cole, and she insisted that it would be the perfect location for the wedding as there is a long list of family brides who have been married there over the past 100 years. It could not have been more perfect in such a beautiful and meaningful setting. After their first dance to “Diamonds or Twine” played by the string quartet, Meg changed from her wedding gown into her great-great-grandmother’s stunning garden party dress (circa 1902) for the cake cutting and reception.
Favorite Details: The large celebration was postponed until Oct. 16 at Vestavia Country Club ballroom, which was transformed to a gorgeous bohemian living room by HotHouse Designs. They also designed a photo wall to display photos from the Blount Springs wedding and a special photography booth featuring large acrylic cutouts of their dogs, Butch and Emma. After dancing the night away, at the grand sparkler exit Austin dropped Meg into a spectacular dip before setting off in the 1962 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud convertible that belonged to a family friend. A true fairy tale ending and a story to last a lifetime!
- Wedding Venue: Blount Springs Family Property
- Celebration Venue: Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Planner: Rachael Grammar, Two Hearts Weddings
- Florist/Props/Linens/Draping/Lighting: HotHouse Design
- Wedding Caterer: Kim Martin
- Celebration Caterer & Cakes: Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Videographer: Rush Videos
- Invitations: Alex Fly Designs, Artwork by Sherri Arias
- Wedding Dress: Heidi Elnora
Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella’s Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Perfectly Undone Beauty, Cosmetics by Mackenzie
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Music Garden – Fountain City Players, Angela Flaniken – string quartet
- Transportation: Rare Transportation