July 20, 2019
How We Met: When a friend introduced me (Devon) to Tristan, she told me that he modeled for Southern Shirt. Hearing that, I immediately judged that he could most certainly not be as smart as he was cute. Fast forward a year later, and we saw each other again, talked and exchanged phone numbers. I quickly learned how similar our paths in life were and how wrong I was about my judgment of him.
Favorite Moment: During the ceremony, long-time family friends Michael and Linda Adler officiated and sang “The Prayer.” Michael gave us a beautiful and rich Christ-centered service.
Favorite Details: My Nana grew up in Devon, England. A few years ago Nana and her children had High Tea at Bovey Castle back in Devon, and she sent me a lighthearted text joking about how she had found my wedding venue. A few months later Tristan proposed and the more we talked about Bovey, the more we knew this venue was for us since we wanted a very small wedding and both of us had extended families in England. Embroidery by Linda provided us with monogrammed linen napkins for each of our guests to use—and that Tristan and I now have to use whenever we entertain. Anne Corhern provided us with a watercolor of Bovey Castle used in several ways and now framed in our home. Our friend Leslie Nunnelly created the hand-dyed silk ribbons that wrapped my bridal bouquet. My shoes were a robin egg blue silk heel designed by Jimmy Choo that had tiaras on them. Lastly, the Cathedral Room in which Tristan and I wed featured a wall of leaded windows and an intricately carved ivory fireplace that extended to the 40-foot ceiling. When I saw this room, I fell in love.
- Wedding Venue: Bovey Castle
- Wedding Planner: M. Elizabeth Events
- Florist: Emma Hewlett Floral Design
- Caterer: Bovey Castle’s The Great Western
- Cake: Jen’s Edible Essences
- Videographer: Holloway Productions
- Invitations: Annabelle’s
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White and Bella’s Bridal
- Hair and Makeup: Danielle Ivy Chipiepalich
- Groom/Groomsmen: Mr Burch Formal Wear and Shaia’s
- Music: Exeter Valley String Quartet and Your Big Event
- Engagement & Wedding Rings: Steed’s Jewelers
- Bridal Bouquet Ribbon: Cocoon Silk Ribbon