May 12, 2017
How We Met: Mason and I (Jordan) are high school sweethearts. We first met at Pizitz Middle School. We began dating the summer before our junior year at Vestavia Hills High School and have been together ever since.
The Proposal: Mason proposed on our 10-year anniversary (yes, 10 years) at Ross Bridge. I was completely surprised because Mason tricked me into thinking we were on our way to play golf. Our family was there to celebrate with us afterwards.
The Wedding Dress: Daria by Theia Couture purchased from Village Bridal of Homewood. Buttons were added down the train for a customized feel by Hollow to Hem.
Favorite Moment: When the microphone malfunctioned during our ceremony and it turned out to feel so special and intimate because it felt like we were the only people there.
Favorite Details: I have always loved hanging flowers and dreamed of incorporating them into my wedding day. Thanks to BK Wed, dancing the night away under the romantic hanging flowers and greenery from the ceiling was by far my favorite wedding detail. We also loved celebrating with our families the night before at the rehearsal dinner at the Hoover Randle Home.
What You Are Doing Now: After our honeymoon in an over-the-water bungalow in Jamaica, we bought our first house in Hoover. Mason works as a regional manager for Red Mountain Medical, and I work as a family nurse practitioner at MedCenter Hoover.
- Venue: Park Crest Event Facility
- Wedding Planner: BK Wed
- Florist: BK Wed
- Caterer: Darryl Borden, Park Crest
- Cake: Cakes by Audrey
- Videographer: Four10 Films
- Invitations: Simply Stated Paperie
- Wedding Dress: Village Bridal of Homewood
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Amsale Bridesmaids
- Hair and Makeup: Beth Russell
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Jos. A. Bank
- Music: Fountain City Players
- Photo Booth: The Slow Motion Booth
- Minister: Andy Cartee
- String Quartet: The Birmingham Chamber Ensemble featuring Jinsong Gao, Serghei Tanas, BJ Cheek and Clayton Vaughn